Having difficulty in conceiving your much wanted baby can be an extremely upsetting and stressful journey. It is a journey of ups and downs, lots of advice (some helpful, some trying to be), perhaps medical investigations, lifestyle changes that may be tough to maintain and waiting each month to see if you are pregnant.
There is however a very effective ancient technique available to help you through – acupuncture. Below are ways in which acupuncture helps people who are trying to get pregnant:
● Regulate menstrual cycles
● Improve blood flow to reproductive organs
● Support the thickening of the endometrial lining for implantation
● Provides relaxation and stress relief
● Helps to balance hormones
● Improve chances of ovulating
For those who are using Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) such as In-vitro Fertilisation (IVF), there are great benefits in having acupuncture before, during and after your treatment cycle. These include:
● Help reduce any side effects from medications (such as headaches, nausea)
● Improve endometrial lining to help with implantation rates
● Regulate hormones after egg retrieval
● Promote and support pregnancy
● Help to manage stress
It can often be beneficial to have support from someone other than friends or family who are not so
closely involved. This is where your acupuncturist can be great.
Your treatments will include relaxing acupuncture in a safe environment where you can ask any questions and talk as much or as little as you would like. Our aim is to work together using acupuncture, dietary recommendations, exercise and lifestyle advice to help you achieve your goal.
We will develop a treatment plan according to your individual needs which can be reviewed at any stage of treatment.
Please get in touch if you would like any further information or to book in for a complementary 20 minute consultation.